Marketing is the most integral cog in the wheel of a company’s growth. Mere presence, whether online or offline, does not suffice to give you enormous growth opportunities. It has to be the right marketing at the right place. So, what goes in to increase sales of a company? How to approach this issue in order emerge as a winner? Sales are definitely the driving force of a business. There’s no need for supply after all, if there’s no demand. The reality is as complicated as it can be and theoretically it looks as simple as it sounds. Increasing sales or maintaining great sales throughout is a challenge for all marketers out there. The intricacies of this trade can only be handled by a professional. One who has experience of what people look for in a product, has an understanding of their sentiments and more can succeed in driving sales of a company. Following is a list of some some marketing tips and tricks that can help in closing in on sales for a company.
- Create a sales promotion – this one goes at the top as there is no marketing without publicity. If you don’t put the word out, who’s going to turn up to buy your product. It can be an online or offline sales campaign. Have attractive introductory quotes, mentions and appealing posters. One trend that has been catching fancy of marketers is building up the curiosity of the customers. Companies often put out teaser posters to build up to the final introduction of a product. People tend to go and buy that product which has been under wraps for some reasons. It arouses curiosity for the product and looks intriguing. So, this is an excellent way of reinventing your sales campaign and thus, increase sales.
- Keep your main display up to date – in case of online platforms, this can be seen as updating your home page or banners on the main page. This is essential as it let’s people know that you and your business are actively involved in the marketing area. It portrays that your products are also fresh and exciting, just like your content.
- Move your stock around – people get bored seeing the monotony around them. They want something unique and fresh after some time. Get to it and give your shop or website a new look once in a day, week, month or whatever timeline suits you. It is highly important in today’s techno savvy age. To give people the impression that you are concerned for every little detail matters a lot. Even for your loyal, existing customers, a change of scenery helps them appreciate your efforts and lets them notice new products on the shelf, thus, driving the sales up.
- Point of sales display
- Private sale for VIP
- Build an email list
- Upsell and cross sell
- Train your staff
- Introduce a member stamp card
- Create an online sales event
- Selling new products to existing customers – up to 25% increase in revenue